The shift from a single channel marketing mindset has happened. Marketers are integrating online and offline efforts to gain a true understanding of our customers’ behavior. Technology innovations have kept pace as marketers continue to enhance their omnichannel strategy, developing new programs to send dynamic, real-time content that is relevant to the individual consumer.
Achieving this integration is no easy feat for marketers. There are many steps that come in to play and it’s not just about the technology. Sure, technology is fundamental as it’s the engine that fuels the messaging. But there are many parts involved to create and deliver the appropriate content in the right channel. Beyond technology, organizational alignment and collaboration, there are five integral pieces of services that are required to develop successful omnichannel marketing campaigns:
- Strategy is necessary to craft a roadmap of the marketing campaigns and programs. This is particularly important for lifecycle and omnichannel campaigns that are by design more complex. Additionally, having the right testing and measurement strategies are essential.
- Integration services are necessary even when working with vendors that provide open and modern APIs. Marketers leveraging multiple data sources and multiple channels benefit from integration services as they help to connect the customer lifecycle and omnichannel implementations.
- The necessity to adapt content for mobile formats and/or responsive design has revitalized the need for creative services. There is a high correlation between marketers that utilize testing and dynamic content and those that employ creative services.
- Campaign management services can be particularly valuable when rolling out new programs or channels because of the speed and effectiveness of the vendor’s campaign production resources.
- Omnichannel marketers need analytics to build segments, create predictive models, measure the attribution of programs across channels and ultimately measure the long-term value of marketing programs.
Incorporating services into your planning ensures both channel and content success. Marketers who produce integrated omnichannel campaigns have 18% higher monthly revenues than those who utilize just one source of segmentation and 57% higher revenue than marketers that do not utilize real-time data. When combined appropriately technology and services are the ladder to an omnichannel marketer’s success.
The increasing sophistication of campaigns is driving the need for services – technology alone cannot solve for all the challenges marketers face. To learn more about how you can leverage services to advance the omnichannel sophistication of your campaigns, download the Value of Services for the Omnichannel Marketer report.
Want to learn more? Check out our recorded webinar: Omnichannel success comes from visibility into data, customers and metrics or give us a call at 1.800.309.0505.