45 million US consumers hate digital ads enough to block them, according to Forrester—and the number is rising. It’ll cost marketers $20.3 billion this year.
Aside from backend fixes (like faster load times) and publishers optimizing for the number of ads per page, it’s up to marketers to solve this. We must deliver quality ads that consumers won’t only be OK with seeing—they’ll actually be glad they saw.
Marketers have less than a second to deliver an ad before the page loads. Within that time, they must ask themselves:
- Is this a verified real person, and not a bot?
- Is this the right person to see a message from us?
- Is this a relevant, brand-safe page for us to advertise on?
- Is it a good time of day, and good day of the week, to spend money on this person (based on how they respond to other ads)?
- Are they on their best device to move along the purchase funnel (based on their device-level behavior)?
- What’s the best message to deliver to them, based on their previous interactions with us (such as ad views, site visits and purchases)?
- What’s the best product image to show, based on what they’ve already seen, put in their carts or bought (from us, and from brands like us)?
- What location are they in, and where have they been historically, to help inform the message?
It sounds daunting, but it’s something we do for marketers—to the tune of 1+ trillion decisions daily. We target real people directly (not their cookies or devices), we deliver to real people (not to bots) and we take a proprietary approach to maintain other Ad Quality standards (like viewability and brand safety).
We build each ad from the ground up every time (within those milliseconds), selecting the optimal layout, headline, subhead, call to action and product shot for each recipient, based on 7,000+ profile dimensions. And our anonymized, person-level data keeps us in touch with consumers, allowing us to pick up each conversation where it left off. This builds stronger connections and better relationships that can last for years.
It’s the most reliable way to ensure—in an environment where consumers have more tools than ever to ignore digital ads—they won’t ignore yours.