This afternoon Walgreens hosted a webinar with Loyalty360, during which the Walgreens team shared their challenges and successes, discussed how they collaborate internally to make the program successful and showcased a few impressive results. Here are just some of the highlights from the webinar, all in 140 characters or less for your tweeting convenience.
The Importance of a Loyalty Program
- Why a loyalty program? So you can learn more about your customers to better anticipate their needs
- The top 20% of customers generate 80% of sales for Walgreens
- Customer data from loyalty programs can inform biz decisions such as pricing, assortment, product development & store format
The Set-up for Success
- Collaboration is key. Many areas across the org collaborate to ensure success
- Walgreens established a robust governance structure to ensure key stakeholder group collaboration
- Technology and infrastructure are the underpinnings for @Walgreens’ Balance Rewards program
- The Walgreens omnichannel world is supported by tech. Balance Rewards is communicated via email, social, in-store, online advertising, mobile & more
- Loyalty program #tip from @Walgreens: it’s a marathon, not sprint
- Over 100 million have registered for Walgreens’ Balance Rewards since launch
- Balance Rewards has been integrated into 9,000 Walgreens locations
Did you attend the webinar today? If so, share your highlights in the comments below.